February 2015 Athlete of the Month is Clifton Walker!!
Name: Clifton Walker
Occupation: Barber / Co-Owner Precise Kutz
Hometown: Wrens, GA
1. How long have you been CrossFitting? Almost 3 years, really since the doors opened!!
2. What was your first CrossFit workout? The fitness test which they don’t do anymore (500m row, 1 min air squats, 1 min push ups, 1 min abmats), 1st real workout was lifting and wallballs
3. Favorite WOD? Death by Wallballs
4. Least favorite WOD? Anything with burpees
5. Favorite movement? Power cleans
6. Least favorite movement? Manmakers
7. Your best memory at CrossFit Boro thus far? My first workout was so hard I thought I would die. All the memories of the people I have met over the years.
8. Any specific goals, long-term or short-term, you want to reach at CrossFit? Double unders and to just keep improving across the board in my fitness
9. 3 things you may not know about me are:
- I love cars
- I love shoes
- I love CrossFit Boro, it changed my life!!
10. Favorite CrossFit Athlete: Clifton Walker
11. Everyone who knows you knows that you are a huge shoe collector, how many pairs of shoes do you think you own? I own over 250 pair of shoes.
The coaches love Cliff because he is a model of consistency, even though he comes in late to 95% of the classes in the last 3 years, that’s Cliff. You know he’s going to be there 3 days a week like clockwork and he’ll often times set the bar to beat for the rest of the day when it comes to any strength movement. He can muscle snatch over 215+#! He’s a monster! One of our best memories is playing vs Cliff’s flag football team 2 years ago in the city league and watching Cliff play both sides of the ball (running circles around his younger teammates) and eventually getting a pick 6 off of us!! Thanks for your loyalty Cliff, we really appreciate you and are proud of all your progress you’ve made since you’ve been with us!!