Congratulations to our December Athlete of the Month – Christina Gipson!! She has been with us since July and she’s done some awesome things since that time: she’s got consistent butterfly pull ups and a 150# snatch! Here’s a little about Christina.
Name: Christina M. Gipson
Occupation: Assistant Professor of Sport Management
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
- How long have you been CrossFitting? 2.5 years
- What was your first CrossFit workout? Partner Murph
- Favorite WOD? Annie
- Least favorite WOD? I have a lot. Anything with pistols probably.
- Favorite movement? With a barbell: Snatch and deadlifts … Without a barbell: Double unders and box jumps
- Least favorite movement? Cleans ugh!!!! Most gymnastic movements (anything on the rig), Pistols. Shall I go on?
- Your best memory at CrossFit Boro thus far? That is really hard. I do not have one particular time. I appreciate the fact that some of the ladies have re-arranged their schedules to wod with me recently; I’m truly all about Girl Power 🙂 I also appreciate the support I get from other members in the gym. It means a lot to me when people cheer each other on, especially me, during the times that I feel like death in the middle of a WOD.
- Any specific goals, long-term or short-term, you want to reach at CrossFit? Goals- I have way too many for this article.
- I want to get a muscle-up, but everyone wants to do that.
- I want to be more efficient with the movements I already have.
- I want to get better form.
- I would LOVE to be on a team that makes it to Regionals, and I think we have the strength and talent at our box to do that.
- 2 things you may not know about me are:
- I lived in London for 5 years and played soccer
- I’m a lifetime member of Girl Scouts of America
10. Favorite CrossFit Athlete: The Brannen family of course…And Elisabeth Akinwale
11. If you could choose to be one age forever, what age would you be and why? Hmmmm, 16 because I can drive and still have the safety net of my parents OR 18 because I’m kind of an adult but not a real adult (only real adults will understand that). Freshmen year of college was AMAZING!
12. If you could replay one moment in your life, what would it be and why? I really try to not live in the past. But, if I had to choose, it may be receiving my PhD. Completing that degree was the hardest journey I have ever taken. So seeing it accomplished and getting recognition felt really good.
The coaches absolutely love Christina she always is willing to learn and move better! She is very dedicated and goes above and beyond in the gym which we realize is really hard for such a young professional like her. We expect big things from her come the open as she is already doing pretty legendary stuff in the workouts now (hint: you should attempt a partner workout with her on a Saturday). Congrats again Christina for all your hard work and dedication we appreciate you!