Crossfit Boro’s December Athlete of the Month is John Persichetti!
Name: John Persichetti
Freshman at Georgia Southern
Hometown: Lawrenceville, Ga
1. How long have you been CrossFitting? Two years
2. What was your first CrossFit workout? 21-15-9 Power Cleans (135#) and ring push-ups
3. Favorite WOD? My favorite Wod is the Filthy Fifty, because it causes you to push yourself through so many different movements.
4. Least favorite WOD? 2k Row
5. Favorite movement? Snatch
6. Least favorite movement? Wall balls
7. Your best memory at CrossFit Boro thus far? My best memory at CrossFit Boro so far is being apart of the Rise of The South competition.
8. Any specific goals, long-term or short-term, you want to reach in CrossFit? Pass my level 1 CrossFit certification and become a coach
9. 3 things you may not know about me are:
#1. I have a shoe collection with over 100 shoes
#2. I invented a medical device for my mom to use when she had cancer. The device is currently used by the Gwinnett Medical center for their cancer patients.
#3. I wrestled in high school
10. Favorite Crossfit Athlete: Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
11. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Eggs, hashbrowns and sausage
The coaches have really enjoyed having John this semester. He works very hard on his quality of movement and skills, you can find him most days camping on a lacrosse ball or foam roller as he loves mobility. My favorite story about John so far is, when he went home for the first time this semester his mom asked him if he was on steroids because he has gained 8# of muscle this semester (he said no he was just enjoying being on a long strength cycle). John will be getting certified after the first of the year and we look forward to working with him as an intern. For all of his hard work and dedication to CrossFit Boro we are rewarding him with a 1 hour 1-on-1 session with any coach for free!! Thanks for working so hard and personifying what we look for in our athletes this month John!!